Student visas

How to apply for your visa for New Zealand

Information on student visas for New Zealand

You will need to have a current student visa while you are a student in New Zealand. To apply for a student visa in your home country before leaving New Zealand, you can apply via Immigration New Zealand (INZ) or use the services of an authorized Taylors College Agent.

We offer an online visa renewal service on-campus for students already studying in New Zealand or at Taylors College Auckland.

How to apply for a student visa

  • Fill in our online application form to study at Taylors College Auckland
  • Once we have received and assessed your application, we will send you a Letter of Offer  
  • Pay your academic fees
  • Once we have received payment, we will send you an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCOE)
  • If you are under 18 years of age, you will need to ensure that you have appropriate accommodation and welfare arrangements
  • Submit your visa application form supporting documents and fee to your education agent or direct to Immigration New Zealand in your country or nearest you.

A detailed ‘Step by Step’ guide to obtaining a student visa is available on the Immigration New Zealand website.

Application form

An AFY student in the library

Apply for any of our programmes by filling in our online application form.

What are your student visa obligations?

You can work up to 20 hours per week in New Zealand during the academic year and full time during the Christmas Holiday break. However, you must remember the main purpose that you are here is to study. If your studies start to fall behind you will have to give up working.

You must attend 100 percent of school contact hours and achieve satisfactory results. You must have a medical certificate or other satisfactory documentation to explain absences. Taylors College Auckland will monitor your attendance very closely. Parents will be informed if you are not attending classes.

You must maintain adequate arrangements for travel and health insurance during your stay in New Zealand.

If you are under 18 years of age and do not intend to live in New Zealand with a parent, custodian or nominated relative, Taylors College Auckland can arrange for a staff member to act as your caregiver.

You must inform Taylors College Auckland within seven days of your arrival in New Zealand of your current residential address, and of any changes of address within seven days of each change.

How to apply

AFY students in the Wynard Quarter

Information about how to apply and how to get help with your application.

Useful links

You can find useful information on student visas on the Immigration New Zealand website: